What should you do during a flood?
- Always cooperate with the emergency services.
- Stay up to date on the latest weather information through local; radio or the Met Office.
- Floods cause damage and the clear up afterwards is stressful and dirty. When it is safe to do so, take pictures of any damage caused by flooding for insurance purposes.
- Don’t drive, swim or walk through flood water as this can be dangerous.
- Don’t walk on sea defences, riverbanks or bridges.
- Avoid direct contact with flood water as it could be contaminated.